Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Little Rain Must Fall

Today was an interesting day.........I went to my eye dr. appt. at 9:45 and when he checked the pressure in my eyes he said it was high and he wants to get me off the drops so he did a cold laser treatment on one eye. I did fine at first but then felt like I was going to pass out..............oh my not a good feeling. This eye surgeon is also an MD so he quickly moved the chair so my head was down and my feet were up. He also got a wet cloth for my head. He said he's going to have to get frozen peas and keep them in the freezer so in cases like this they have something very cold to put on forheads! He remained with me until I felt better and then one of the ladies walked me to the waiting room to wait to see if the surgery worked to bring the pressure down. Oh my, I felt so old.............I was walked by the hand and put in a chair, even though I kept saying I was okay.............all the old people were looking at me. :-)
My eye was uncomfortable for most of the day and very sensitive to light. I drove home and put all the blinds in the house down........it was freaky to see the house in the dark like that, but looking at light really hurt.
Sarah was going to the car show tonight as church and baked brownies too. However the skies looked dark by the time we were to leave and we saw thunderstorms coming across the radar. It's a good thing we stayed home. There were heavy rains and high winds. Fortunately no damage for us though.
In my dark stamping room I made some cards to take my mind off the discomfort of my eye.

This is a card I made using bright colors for the ways to use it challenge. I also used the sketch layout for the challenge yesterday. I stamped black ink on vellum. I colored on the opposite side with summer sun and only orange markers. Then I colored the sky behind the butterfly bashful blue with a marker. Next I added 2-way glue and dazzling diamonds. I attached it to bashful blue cardstock then black. Then I added the two smaller squares. I liked the soft and bright look fo this. I put the card front into the cuttlebug and have a peaceful background of grass and a bird.

This is becoming one of my favorite stamps. A friend let me stamp a few images and they are perfect for male cards! I stamped the image then cut it out and added a black circle behind it. Then I stamped the sun and the scallop circle punch. I used To you from me and used two different circle punches. The background is the cuttlebug swirls folder. I colored this with watercolor crayons and an aqua painter. The sky is colored with a dauber and bashful blue ink.


Isn't she the cutest thing? My friend Pam let me stamp some of these to color. I found this little girl went beautifully with tart and tangy. I use markers to color the cherry and stamped it as a background over and over again so it's 2nd and 2rd generation stamping and lots of huffing. I used a cut out from the cricut for her to sit on. I put the black paper through the cuttlebug to give it texture.


Well, it's time to rest and get ready to start another day of summer vacation!
Bless you for stopping by.

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....