Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Missionary Things and Fun Things

Check out Dawn's video on how to do this technique. I altered it a bit to suit my stamp set called Circus Circles.http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad...ue-video-.htmlI lined lightly in pencil then stamped circles in the new IN colors. Then I colored the squares and lined them using a ruler and my fine tip sharpie marker. then I used my circle punches and added dimensionals to the backs of the circles to make the card. I used the small oval punch for the saying. Thanks Dawn!


This is the first verse I've been able to do in a while. This hangs on a box next to me at my stamping table. I love this verse and cling to it when things are difficult. I used the top note die and stamped in burgundy. Then using the stamp-a-ma-jig I added the swirls in curry from the stamp set priceless. I used a dauber with navy in around the edges. I mounted this on the razzleberry lemonade paper and added two large eyelets with my cropodile.

This is a card that will go to a three year old who had surgery on a tumor in her chest here at Cleveland Clinic then went home to Toldeo to recuperate. The monkey was stamped on white fun foam with suede ink then cut out and mounted with dimensionals. I used a stamp-a-ma-jig to put the monkey and things onto the card. I love this paper called razzleberry lemonade, new from SU.

These are items one of our pastors ask me to make to use for a missionaries conference here in July. This is a 4x5 single sheet of cardstock made so people in our church who pray for and support missionaries can write a message of support to them. I used the new colors on these cards.



This is a bag that was wheeled with the jumbo leaves wheel using garden green ink. I added a top note piece in white stamped in burgundy and curry. Then I used a dauber with navy ink around the edges.
This bag will have items for each of the missionaries for the conference they will attend at my church.

My DS Ben, is on day 4 of his 7-day trip from church to Tennessee. We haven't heard from him but we're one of those mean parents who hasn't gotten their son a cell phone, so unless he asks someone else, we won't hear anything. But no news is good news right?
Thanks for stopping by as you can see I've been pretty busy with Card Ministry things and my own fun things! I'm also re-organizing my stamping space. The two kids haven't stamped in over a year, so the space their things took up in my room have been reclaimed by me. The only time I can do this is summer!

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...