Thursday, July 16, 2009

Making Cards and Enjoying Summer Vacation

This is for TLC229 where you used the technique faux grid. This card is for a young man who is celebrating a birthday this month. Here is the link:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d.php?t=446772
I used curry, pacific point, choc chip and baja breeze to color these cupcakes and blocks. I added choc chip ribbon and two small brads. the frosting on the cupcake is choc chip ink mixed with white liquid applique. I squeezed the ink pad against the lid and added the liquid applique and mixed it in the lid. Then I applied it to the card and heated it.


This is the card I made for CC227 and Nancyruth's color challenge. I stamped in black three times then colored the lavender with lavendar and banana watercolor crayons and an aqua painter. I put the card base and top note base through the cuttlebug for texture. I distressed the edges of the image before adding the black and gray layers. I added ribbon and brads and the bow.

This is my project for today's Limited Supply Challenge using school or wedding colors. My wedding colors were browns and rust. So here's my cupcake with the bottom crimped then I added dotted durango ribbon. The top of the cupcake has liquid applique which I mixed with caramel reinker then applied to the top and heated. Then I applied liquid glue and added glittler. Lastly I added the word window punch and two clips.

This is for WT227 two of things.......I stamped two flowers and used two ribbons, two eyelets, two different colors of pink, two different colors of green and two rows of stamps in the background. Thanks for the chance to do 2's today!

White cardstock base with razzleberry lemonade dp and curry textured paper. I stamped on white paper for the images. All images have a 1/16" border in black. Flower colors are mambo, razzleberry, curry, bermuda bay. Border is razzleberry ink.

This card is for the challenge today and I did it will bashful blue as the hightlighted color, even if it doesn't look like it........
White cardstock base, razzleberry lemonade design paper, bashful blue paper with black border. Modern punch with friend used as well

This is shimmery cardstock with pale plum, plum, mambo and razzleberry, bashful/navy flowers. I added pretty in pink in between the flowers. Razzleberry ribbon and scallop circle behind the flower cut out. It's basic, but I wanted to see what these color combos looked like together. I love this set and true two-step stamping.

This is for TLC188 faux grid in which I gave a twist. Instead of drawing the lines with a marker, I drew them with my bone folder. I added mambo ribbon, with the words and added razzleberry paper and two flower brads. I used razzleberry, curry, and mambo markers.

I am truly enjoying creating things with my new stamps.
I love the new colors and love to learn new techniques. I want to thank all of those ladies who post on their blogs and SCS who inspire me and give me great ideas to use and/or change.
Bless you all.

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...