Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Ribbon Storing Tip and Colorful Cards

This is for the sketch challenge today. When I saw the layout I immediately thought it would be perfect for Circle Circus. I stamped three patterns and punched them out then punched out Raspberry Lemonade paper to put behind each circle. Some of the circles I punched a 1/4" circle for the center. I mounted this on black cardstock then on white and punched out a border. I like how this turned out.
I was asked how I keep my ribbon from going all over the place. Here's a picture to show you. I cut a small slit in the cardboard then pull the ribbon down into the slit.

This is another morning glory done using the watercolor technique with the aquapainter and reinkers. The paper behind it is from Maine Blueberry. I used Full of Life saying Thanks.... Navy ribbon was added between the two colors of paper.
This is another card where I used the watercolor technique with the aqua painter and reinkers. I mounted it with dimensionals on razzleberry lemonade design paper. I added curry ribbon.
The image for this was CASED from a tutorial done by Theresa Momber on her blog called Peaceful Wishes. http://craftingtheweb.blogspot.com/Then I stamped in black the flowers from kind and caring thoughts. I then added the saying with the wide oval punch and the scallop oval punch. It is mounted on textured curry paper with black eyelet punch sides.

I am truly enjoying my summer vacation where I can play daily challenges on SCS and have time to do reading and other relaxing things. We're getting the two kids ready to go on a retreat to Whitesville, WV next week. It's going to be fun to have DH and me home together without kids! We're going to have a few date nights! Can't wait!
Bless you for stopping in today.

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...