Saturday, August 15, 2009

Can You Say VSN Weekend Challenges?

For this challenge I ran the yellow paper through the cuttlebug to get the dotted swiss. Then I stamped in yo-yo yellow, and summer sun the sunflowers and added mambo ink for the centers. This is a window where the summer view is of the beautiful sunflowers in the garden.
The designer paper is razzleberry lemonade.

This challenge we were to use silver or gold embossing. I embossed with a silver embossing powder called Tinsel. It looked like it had glitter and embossing powder together. I used the Patterns Pack III navy strips page for the background and put the silver snowflakes on it. I flipped the patterned paper to give contrast and added navy ribbon and silver cord. I stamped the largest snowflake on white paper and embossed then cut is out and added navy sponging around the edges.

This challenge was to take a scrapbook layout and make a card. My layout was from SBSC34. I had fun with this challenge looking through some of the layouts. I know where to look next time I need an idea! I stamped my flowers then used my square punch, then layered with razzleberry then cottage wall paper behind the squares. Next I stamped the flowers in artichoke then used a circle punch and dimensionals to add it to the center. The words are on orchid paper with cottage wall design paper behind it.

I chose the challenge where I had to use regal rose, pumpkin, white and summer sun then you had to use ribbon and stickles. I stamped the flowers in yellow then in pupmpkin and rose. I added flowers that were punched out and put stickles on it.

This challenge was to cut up things. I used scissors, the branch punch, the oval frame sizzx, and the circle punch. The last thing I added were the pearls.

Faith, I have to tell you I loved your story. I had a good laugh. Here's my card where I used the watercolor technique to paint the flower pink and regal rose after it was embossed with white embossing powder. I used bella rose paper for the card as well. I couldn't get one circle to work on this so I added 3 small ones.

For this challenge we were to use brown, yellow and crumple up something. I used my greenhouse garden set and stamped in yellow then used the detail stamp with brown. I used brown edging strips from Rose Cottage scrapbook kit for the edges. I added the crumpled flower then the silver brad. I used the word window punch to add the saying.

This was a fun card to make. I stamped the image in versafine and colored it with markers. Then I used a dauber and put bashful blue around the top edge. This was layered on a wide oval punch of ballet blue. This was layered on Raspberry Lemonade paper with blue eyelets and layered again on yellos cardstock

This is my pizza box for the challenge. I love having a cute little Christmas gift already! I used a Christmas scrapbook kit and used the borders for around the panel on the top and around the three sides of the box. I colored the image with markers and added choc chip around the edge with a dauber. I added a ribbon around the plant.

This is the card where we had to use spices of some sort on our card. I used Tastefully Simple Simply Salsa Mix as my spice. I used suede cardstock with Autumn Traditions designer paper next. Then the stamped images with suede sponged on the edges and middle. I added durango and suede ribbons and spices.

This is for the challenge where you had to use olive, artichoke, crimping and a scallop edge punch.
I used my greenhouse garden set and stamped in olive then artichoke for the detail. I used the scallop edge punch and punched tiny holes in it then ran this through the crimper at an angle so it is diagonal. I then added olive ribbon and another flower with crimped artichoke leaves.

I am so thankful to DH who didn't mind if I used today to just stamp away. He and Ben finished their work outside then settled in to watch the Little League Baseball games. We're usually on vacation when this is going on. It's odd to hear it here at home, since I'm used to hearing it on a hotel tv in a small area where you can't get away from it! LOL
Have you found your place to serve at your church? I have started a Card Ministry to do just that. Maybe that's what you can do too. If you have any questions let me know. I've started two and the one I'm working on now is going on 2 years. We're going to have a Ministry Fair next week so I have to get my display ready.
Thanks for stopping by. Bless you.

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...