Monday, August 17, 2009

More Cards, Driving and Physical Therapy

Today was my first official day of being able to drive! Woohoo, I love being able to drive again! It's amazing how different life is when you can't drive and you need to rely on others for everything. It sure does humble one!
Today I went to outpatient physical therapy and came home sore..............I guess that's a given huh? The good news is that the therapist said that my left leg isn't far behind the right leg in all areas! Isn't that great! The therapy that I've been doing at home is really helping me.
Today was one of those days though where I got up had breakfast and coffee and stamped a few cards. I showered then napped for 3 hours! Amazing how that works....LOL. I would have slept longer however my MIL called and the phone woke me!
This afternoon and evening I stamped a bit more. Here are the cards that I made.

I used the colors for the design paper thoroughly modern to make this card. I love this image stamped in durango. I sponged bermuda bay around the edges then added yellow stickles to the flower centers.

This is the third card for the technique lovers challenge. This time I used white cardstock and drew on it with a silver leaf pen then used reinkers and my aqua painter and use razzleberry, mambo and curry to make the background. Then I added mambo and black for the image. I am impressed with how pretty the black embossing looks on the mambo cardstock! I'm going to be using this combo again! I used my matpack and added the paper piercing in the top corner.

I tried to stamp with the gold leafing pen and it didn't work as well as with the smaller image so I stamped again and used my egyptian gold embossing powder. I edged the card with the gold leafing pen. I also masked the oval and spritzed pink onto the branch. Then I reverse masked and used a dauber to color the yellow section of the card.

This is a slightly altered challenge. Instead of drawing shapes I stamped shapes. The stamps, if small, once covered in gold will stamp the gold. I had to find out also if you could get the gold off. You can by using stazon ink remover. :-)Anyway I stamped in gold then edged in gold then sprayed in pretty in pink. My personal challenge to myself was to use going gray, since I have such a difficult time doing that. I didn't want to blend other colors into this but pink so it could be part of the image panel. I used a martha stewart edge punch as well as brads.

This was a fun card to make. I used the Gifts from the earth stamp and watercolored it. I also used cottage wall designer paper to make this card. I added a square of orchid paper to the inside so a message could be stamped or written.
This was a fun card to make. I used the Gifts from the earth stamp and watercolored it. I also used cottage wall designer paper to make this card.
This is the card for the last VSN challenge of the night on SCS Saturday night. You had to use things that were either on your desk or in the garbage. I have to admit, I like how this turned out.

This is a get well card from my sister. Her girls like purses, and accessories so they chose this card to send to me.
This is a thank you card for my in-laws who visited and brought some get well gifts. I used bermuda bay and durango for the main colors here. I colored the image using an aqua painter and markers on watercolor paper. The ribbon was some I got at walmart a year or so ago. I liked how it looked with this card.I did paper piercing in the corners.
Well, I can't believe that I'm still awake! Most times I tell my kids that I need a nap! Tomorrow the kids, I and my assistant will tackle my classroom. We're going to see if the custodian put the room together like I asked. We'll go from there. I'm only allowed to supervise. I can only sit or I won't get to go back. These are strict orders from DH. He's right, I don't want to do anything to mess up my recovery from this surgery.
I hope you've been enjoying your days. Here in Ohio we've had air conditioner weather the past 5 days........starting to get claustrophobic.....good thing we have a screened in porch with a fan that can be put on high! We sit outside when we can stand it!
Have a wonderful day and look for the simple gifts you've been given today.
My simple gifts are: air conditioning, driving, my health, my kids, my husband, beautiful things in the garden made by God for my enjoyment, a hummingbird who keeps coming back throughout the day......Bless you for stopping by.
Until next time.............

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...