Tuesday, August 18, 2009

School, Kids, Monkeys, Assistant, Cards

So this morning my kids and I get up at 6:30 and 7:00, guess who got up at 6:30 me or the teens? You guess right, me. Anyway we head to Crispy Creme and get a dozen hot, creamy, mouth-watering doughnuts and head to my school building to put together my classroom with my assistant, Patti. Her sisters Hope and Rose read this blog, so let's say Hi to those ladies, "Hi Hope and Rose, your sister was amazing in helping us get the room put together!"
When we arrived at the classroom it looked like a monkey had moved things in the classroom. The room was supposed to have the furniture moved to where I had asked to have it moved on the map I made and posted on the board in the classroom and left with the custodian. However our custodian was transferred over the summer and we had substitutes until a REAL custodian could be found! So like I said, monkeys put my room together for me. It took Patti, the kids and I almost an hour to get the furniture where it needed to be. Then we could start to take things out and make it look like a classroom.
They did an incredible job in 3 1/2 hours.

This is the first time I've ever used this medallion stamp. I used my in-color markers and colored the image then put paper over it and rubbed. I like how this turned out and will be trying other things with it in the future.

This was the second card I made for the color challenge today. I love the softness of the teal and the cocoa on the vanilla cardstock. I used markers to color the tree then huffed on it and stamped. I like how soft the teal looks on this card. I always think of teal being a bold color, but I love this soft look here.

I like the idea of this peek-a-boo card. I used vanilla cardstock and punched out a square. Behind the square is a large and small flower cut out with a bit of stickles on the small flower. I love the look of the wide vanilla ribbon on this.

Well, we talked about school, monkeys, my assistant Patti, and I showed you my cards today. Not much let to tell you other than it's nap time, I mean bedtime. Everyone else in the house is asleep. I need to sleep so I can go clothes shopping with a certain young lady named Sarah tomorrow early in the morning.
Take care and thank you for stopping by today.
May the Lord Bless you and Keep you.

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...