Saturday, August 1, 2009

Challenges In the Home and at SCS

Today was a fun day of stamping. This is an image I got from Hope, Hi Hope, and I used several colors of watercolor crayons on the deer. I then used my homemade cloud maker and stamped bashful blue with a dauber. The flowers were pink passion and celery wwc. I mounted the deer image on a choc chip top not die and added gold brads. What do you think Hope?

This was my card for the Inspiration challenge at SCS today. I love this retired set Serene Sunflower so I used that. The challenge picture showed a blue center in the flower with green behind the yellow. I also added slits to the scallop circle punch in yellow and added a blue center. I added Martha Stewart branches in gable green paper.


This was a pretty difficult challenge for me where you couldn't use any ink, nada. I cut daisies out from summer sun and gable green I also cut a top note in gable green. I layered the flowers and added a brad to the center. I then versamarked and covered the daisies with iridescent ice ep. Then I punched out lots of little circles to write HI. I used versamark and clear ep over the word so the dots would stay in place after they were glued. they kept wanting to come off.
This is the nacho platter challenge. I used banana and curry inks with red stamped off once for the flowers. Garden green was used for the stamps. I used ridinghood red ribbon backed with black paper. The sunflower in the middle was stamped and cut out. Then I did the cracked glass technique on it.


For the Popcorn challenge, again I couldn't reach my stamp set with a popcorn stamp due to recent surgery so, I printed out a full size page of popcorn and added a cute Magnolia girl and the flower and word enjoy, with brads. Makes me hungry just looking at this.

This is my card for the paint chip challenge. I hope I'm not disqualified........I couldn't get to mine which are too low for me to bend to reach since surgery, so I made my own.......I colored the flowers, vase and pitcher with markers and added them with dimensionals to the homemade paint chip.


This is a birthday treat bundled up to give away. I used a top note and stamped with candles and hearts. I added toffee to a medium SU bag. Upon thinking about eating the treat I thought of how thirsty they'd be so I made a holder for flavored water. The strawberries and wonderful to scratch and sniff......my kids thought I was nuts sniffing my card. I've never made one of these. I told them it was the pain medication I was on and laughed!

Can you believe all I got done today? I can't either. I'm going to have to put my leg up now, it's swollen again and hard to wiggle my toes. :-) But I'll go to sleep happy that I got to stamp today.
I continue to face challenges here at home with a leg that continues to swell, a headache, and hands that hurt from walking with a walker. I know it won't last too long. I need to concentrate on the good things that are happening here. Okay I will......I can do my P.T. exercises without help, I can walk with the walker without help unless I'm going out to our screened in porch, I can get in and out of bed by myself, I can take care of my daily needs, I can get small meals by myself with my walker. See, I knew I could look on the bright side if I thought long enough!
Bless you for stopping by.
I do believe I am up to date with this blog too! Amazing!


1 comment:

Darlene said...

Your creations are wonderful Sue! Glad to hear you are making progress at home ... must be difficult! Hang in there ... one day at a time and before you know it you'll be outside running bases with the kids!!

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....