Sunday, August 2, 2009

One More Day Until Staples Come Out

We've had another perfectly gorgeous day here in Ohio, the sky is blue, the weather is mild with a breeze and the sun is shining. My perfect summer day! I am getting excited and anxious to have the staples removed from the incision line tomorrow. It is hard to sit or move without discomfort. I guess that's all part of the healing process.
I miss going to church on Sundays, I miss driving, I miss taking a shower, I miss walking outside by the garden. These are simple things in life that I have taken for granted. God is showing me how important those little things are in my day. You truly don't know what you've got until you don't have it anymore.
We have had wonderful meals brought by friends. We are a pasta/pizza loving family so some of the meals were especially wonderful.............We have had rotini and meatballs, lasagna, egg and sausage bake, zuchinni bread, chicken, salad and strawberries, and we also had pizza bread. I'm telling you with the little bit of walking I'm doing and the carbs I'm eating thanks to friends, I'm really going to have to get started riding my bike in the basement as soon as I can. LOL
Look around your world and see what little things bring you joy. Think about what your life would be like without them.................hmmmmm..................food for thought.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...