Monday, August 3, 2009

Staples are Gone, Wheels are On!

I had a bad night last night and didn't sleep much, nor did DH. I was sweating, nauseous, lightheaded like I was going to faint and my heart felt like it was racing. We called the doctor since we're only 2 weeks out of surgery and he said he wasn't concerned I should be okay.
It happened twice and DH sat with me to calm me down and eventually I fell asleep. What a sweetie since he had to work today.
My staples are out! Yup, the P.T. came and removed the 25 staples I carried for two weeks. It pinched and is now a bit sore, but I took medicine before he came to help. He let me keep the staples too....I'll probably use a few for my scrapbook.
The P.T. also put wheels on my walker so I don't have to pick up that metal monster. Now my sweet Annabelle is convinced I'll run her over!
I learned how to do the 14 steps to the second floor today. Wednesday I can shower! Woohoo!
I'm tired today but oh so grateful for these little things.

Here is the card I made today to celebrate my little things. The bird, other image and words are stamped in bordering blue. I used a dauber to sponge around the scallop edges. I used white craft ink and white ep to do the bottom of the card. Dimensionals are under the two scallop pieces to make them stand out.

I'm going to take a nap this afternoon. That reminds me.....I can sleep on my side now!!!! God is great isn't he?
Bless you for stopping by.

1 comment:

Ree Donnelly said...

Congrats on getting your staples out!
First time at your blog, I got your post on SCS about the Lydia Project cards you plan to make, and I just wanna say thank you so much!
I am new to blogging, but have been papercrafting for many many years. Love it! I'm also a SU demo, but I'm my best customer! LOL!
God bless, thank you again, and I pray that each day finds you better & better. :o) Hugs!

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...