Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Flowers and Friends

I finally got a picture of the pretty flowers my friend Jan brought along with a wonderful meal for my family. Thank You Jan. Flowers just do so much to make me smile and help me to forget what I can't do right now. I look at the flowers and think of the one who created them and how He has everything in control. I look at the intricate beauty in these flowers and stand amazed.



The was a fun set to use with these colors. I wanted the bird to look like it was sitting on the branch at sunset. I used the Bella Bleu paper and stamped on it and used white embossing powder on it. I stamped on white paper with bordering blue. I cut a scalloped circle using the sizzix die and the cuttlebug. I cut it in half and punched holes in it on each scallop. I used a scallop which was also torn on one side to make the clouds with a dauber and bordering blue and pretty in pink inks. I stamped the bird and words in navy ink.



What a fun bunch of colors to use! I colord the bird in cocoa marker and the leaves in celery marker, however it doesn't look like celery to me. I used the rock-n-roll technique to stamp the background using blush and coral. I used perfect layers to add the layers. Celery ribbon finishes this off.



Thanks so much for stopping by. May God Bless you today and always.

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....