Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School-It Was an EARLY One!

Well today was my kid's first day of school.........one in high school and one in 7th grade. Where has the time gone in years and months too? How could summer be over so soon? We didn't have many hot, hot, summer days. Not many swimming days either. Oh well, it was a perfect summer to recover on the screened in back porch for me. I love mild summers with soft breezes, don't you? I don't like the heat at all. Seems the older I get, the less I tolerate heat.

I was busy today after Physical Therapy making the sketch challenge and combining it with the color challenge. What do you Think?

This is a double challenge; a color and sketch challenge. I love when things come together easily, especially while you're drinking your coffee. I stamped the images on the kraft background after stamping off once in choc chip ink. The triangle and extra piece were put through the cuttlebug. The center panel was sponged with red ink on mesh left over from Monday's challenge. I like the soft texture it gave the image. I added the build a brad with the butterfly to the center of the circle then added eyelets (which in my light as I was drinking coffee, not awake yet,) looked real red, but obviously aren't!) Oh well.......thanks for the great challenges ladies!




This is my card for the color challenge. I was trying to keep it a few layers as possible. I wanted to use the mesh I painted for Monday's challenge, so I sponged the mesh with choc chip and red then cut it out to look a little like a fence. (Use your imagination here! LOL) then I added my ribbon, brads and saying.


This is the card I got from a woman at church who works with the shut in ministry. We had tables near each other Sunday at the Ministry Fair. My card ministry makes cards for her shut-ins. It was nice to finally put a face with the name I talk to and email. Thank you Karen.




This is from a long-time buddy on SCS named Bonnie; she's called raduse.

Thanks Bonnie for this cute, cute card and the message inside. The message inside made me laugh. While I'm on sick leave having the day to myself without kids is a nice change. I understand your message.



I am so tired, I hope I can make it getting up this early. I only have a week and a half before I go back half-days!
Thanks for stopping by.



No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...