Monday, August 24, 2009

Sub is Set, I Got to Play!

I had lots of fun using dry wall mesh on my brayer, running that through acrylic paint with ink then rolling it on paper for a background. I had fun experimenting with this technique. This was Lynn's technique for the challenge today on SCS.

This card is painted with white acrylic paint with pink reinker blended in. I used cottage wall paper then placed three flowers which were stamped first then I ran the brayer over it. They are mounted with dimensionals and bordered with black. The flowers were stamped on shiny paper.

This was a very difficult card to make. I rolled the brayer with the mesh through pixie pink ink then rolled it over the medallion stamp. I got this cool effect. I cut out half of the medallion and backed it with black. I used the martha stewart border punch with black behind it. I stamped with pixie and razzleberry for flowers. The turquoise was run through the cuttlebug to make it stand out a bit.

This is a 5x5" card where I used the painted grid as the base of the card. This painted grid I used white acrylic paint and added reinkers to it. I then stamped the medallion then cut out the center and added one from one I rolled the brayer over with the inked mesh. I thought it made a cool kind of kiss technique. Not sure what it's called, but it's cool! I added the flower to the center and colored it with markers.

Love this Cottage Wall paper. I used the brayer through the razzleberry and bashful blue ink pads, one at a time. I used the martha stewart punch on the cottage wall paper and added the center of the medallion with a butterfly in the center of a build a brad. It seems plain so I'm going to look at what I can add to it.


This card was stamped on ivory using ballet blue and razzleberry stamped off twice. I ran the brayer through blue and razzleberry inks separately and ran the brayer in different directions so it would be easier to see the two colors. I used Cottage wall paper and put the martha stewart punch behind it. I love how this turned out. Thanks Lynne!


I am exhausted from rushing to finish the dvd I made for open house. I also had to pull the last of the things that had to go to school together and get it there today after Physical Therapy. Therapy was pretty good and I wasn't too sore after I left. He had me walk without my cane several times for short walks. It was weird since I've had three legs for so long! LOL
Everytime my poor skiddish cat sees me coming she runs from the metal leg! I try to hide it when I go near her so I can get close enough to pet her.
Tomorrow Ben goes to high school orientation. Sar and I will shop a bit and maybe eat out.
Tomorrow is their last day of vacation.
Can't believe there's finally a good thing coming out of having my hip done. I'll have the house to myself soon!
Take care and bless you for stopping by.
Blessings,


No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...