Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sweet Treats and Good Gifts

So today brought with it such a drain of energy. I spent most of the day napping. It sometimes gets to me that it is that way, I feel like I'm wasting time, however I know that I need to sleep in order to heal and regain my strength.
I did get some energy after dinner so I made these Sweet Treat Cups. These cups will be available in the Holiday Mini which can be ordered from September 1st.

This is a flower using the sweet treat cups. I used curry paper for the scallop ovals and the flower center. I used the large oval with red paper. The red ovals were put through the crimper sideways so they would have some dimension. The last thing I added was the red ribbon.

This is my second creation using the sweet treat cups. I didn't have candy other than red hots so I had to use choc. chips. I filled this with choc. chips then took the paper ring off the back and put a piece of plastic wrap over the cup. The circle for the hat is 3" which I cut using my cricut machine. Then I used the 1 3/4" circle punch in the center. In order to center the punch, I used the paper ring from the back and some glue dots to center the circle on the 3" circle. Then I punched the circle I needed using the punch. I put ribbon around the cup and added streamers and flowers at the back. I put three pearls around the brim of the hat. I used the modern punch to add Happy Birthday.

This is a close up of the hat I made so you could see the ribbon around the base of the sweet treat cup. I added pearls and flowers from the pretties kit. I didn't have candy other than red hots so I used choc chips.

This is for Sketch Challenge 241. I had a bit of energy this morning after my coffee.
I just got Autumn Days and Gifts of the Earth yesterday and couldn't wait to put ink to paper. I had this idea to made a type of wreath on the oval and todays challenge helped with that. Most of the images are stamped off once to lighten them so they wouldn't be overwhelming. At the bottom the three leaves were added with the stamp-a-ma-jig. The curry panels were put through the cuttlebug to add dimensionl I didn't add any other elements because I wanted to keep the focus on the oval in the center. Once I did this card, another came to mind which is similar.
Once I did the sc241 card I envisioned the scallop around the oval so I made a razzleberry scallop to go around the oval. I like the simplicity of this as well.

I am continuing to practice walking with the cane. It is hard work and my hip is using muscles that haven't been used in a while, so it's not too happy. I am continuing to do my exercises and they do seem to get a bit easier, so I shouldn't complain.
I know that God is helping me each step of the way here. All the healing with come in His time. I am beginning to look a IEP's right now and trying to get things organized for a substitute to begin my school year.
Thank you for stopping by today. May you feel God's peace in your life.

1 comment:

Linda Anderson said...

Such wonderful projects Sue! You've been busy! Keep up the good work healing too!

Linda

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...