Thursday, August 13, 2009

Techniques

I really love the detail in this stamp set called, Gifts of the Earth. It is in the Holiday Mini which can be ordered from starting Sept. 1st.
This was stamped with versafine black ink then colored with SU markers on watercolor paper. The sky and ground were colored with an aqua painter and ink from the lid of bashful blue and cocoa.This is a recessed window card. The frame is Autumn Traditions designer paper from SU. I added choc chip ribbon to the side. I used the same design paper with the wide oval punch and ruby red paper with the scallop oval punch. This was a fun card to make. Thanks for the tutorials Beate and Lynne!

Here's my varigated card...I used shiny cardstock and swiped bashful blue, ballet blue and navy across the cardstock. Then I used versamark and white ep over the front. I used the left over cardstock and stamped the largest snowflake twice and cut them out. I put dimensionals between the two snowflakes and attached with a brad. I taped the ribbon together with double sided tape and attached it to the card.

Today has been a trying day. I started at 9 a.m. with the Physical Therapist. He really worked me hard but answered so many of my questions. He showed me which furniture is good to sit on and isn't too soft or low. He said I was dismissed from working with him and will begin Monday to work with an outpatient therapist. My hip is sore when I walk even when I take my pain medicine, but it's a good pain, ya know? You know you're working hard and you are strengthening the muscles in the hip.
I got to visit my dear friend tonight thanks to my DH. He took me and picked me up so we could spend time together. She too can't drive because of a right knee injury. She too has a cane. It is interesting watching us both walk together with our canes. Together we make a healthy person!
I get to sleep in my own bed tonight not the twin bed in my craft area that was set up when I came home from the hospital! Yahoo! The kids put my craft area back to normal with it's tables and the bed was taken apart and put back into the attic. It's the little things in life ya know?
It's weird to think that I haven't driven in a month and get to start again Monday. I'm goind to go out driving with DH a few times before I go solo just to make sure my hip cooperates.
Thanks for stopping by today and checking up on me. Thanks for your prayers as well.
May the Lord bless and keep you until we meet again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are doing so well, keep up the good work. I had a 7 hr back surgery and couln't drive for 3 months. I felt so helpless. take each day on step at a time and before long you will be good as new. I have enjoyed your blog and cards and tutorials.

Take care and remember tough times don't last, tough people do. Hang tough!

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....