Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

I took a look at my cards for Christmas and realized that I didn't have many at all.  So, for the challenges on SCS I've started to try to make Christmas cards if I can.  Here are som of them.                               I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position th trees on the white oval. Then I stamped in gold ink and embossed with gold ink for the stars. I added the scallop oval frame around the trees. the scallop oval has been sponged with real red using a dauber. I used iridescent ice embossing powder over the trees. I added the words from Christmas Punch as the greeting for the card.
I stamped white ink onto navy card stock then embossed with white ep. I used the snowflakes from Christmas Punch then used the Boho Blossoms punch to punch those three snowflakes out. I added the snowflakes to a small circle I'd made using the 1 1/4" inch circle punch then the 1 3/8" circle punch. I added dimensionals for the smaller snowflakes. Bashful blue cardstock is lined with silver opaque marker.
This card started with bashful blue card stock on which I stamped showflakes in bashful and navy blue. the snowflake is from Patterend pines. The snowmen tags were stamped with navy on white. I added silver eyelets and silver cord to each tied in a bow. Each were added with a dimensional. I love the latice edges against the navy and blue.


This is a card that started with DCWV background paper. I stamped bashful blue and navy blue snowflakes on it. I added the white border edge and the Christmas Punch saying with dimensionals. This was an easy card to make.



The Cardinal has been embossed on acetate using gold ink and embossing powder as described in Andrea Walford's video on her blog.


Andrea Walford

She however used crystal effects to color the cardinal, but I used the SU frost white ink and added reinkers to that and painted it onto the acetate. I used real red and celery reinkers and fantastix coloring tools by Tsukneko to color the cardinal and the leaves. I added branches and a saying using dimensionals. I also added gold eyelets to hold the top not die pieces together.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Nov. 1st. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...