Sunday, October 25, 2009

So, I'm S-L-O-W.................BE KIND PLEASE! :-)

I've just gotten around to adding the cool things to my blog that others have had for a long time I'm sure.  Now you can search my blog, and see other things linked to each post.  I tried to link the vidoes I did but every once in a while instead of my vidoes, something else showed up.  Not sure what that's all about, so I removed that for now.
I know, old news to others, but I'm still thrilled with the little things in life like this.....
  I've been playing around with inking embossed backgrounds.  It's fun to add another element to a card.
I'm itching to do another video, but can't decide what to do.........ideas are welcome.
    This was a sympathy card I needed, unfortunately. I was playing around with embossing and then using a dauber to sponge only the raised areas. the image was colored with a blender pen and ink on a plastic lid from a marker.







 











 
Another Sympathy card with the embossed area colored. I added the oval scallop frame on this card. I liked the look of the sympathy on this. I embossed the black words.





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





This is the card I made for card sketch 250. I used Christmas Punch stamps which are not my typical stamps for Christmas. Not sure what I'll do with the card since we don't do Santa on cards but Jesus. Anyway I used Holiday paper and once it was layered on the card I put the card through the big shot to add the snowflakes. The squares are added with dimensionals















This is a mill stamp that I found in Amish Country last weekend. I used the 1 3/8th's square punch for all of the papers behind the image. I edged each with the gold pen. I used Christmas paper from SU.
















This was a card we made in Card Ministry last night. I love this two-step stamping set. We stamped on white paper then added pale plum paper and yellow ribbon.














This was for CC238 where you were to use gray, pink and sage together. I just got this cute Patterned Pines set and wanted to see what it would look like it I stamped a few times to make a forest. I like this set and was debating cutting the trees apart. Has anyone done that? I added the saying with the thoroughly modern punch mounted on dimensionals and added two pink jewels.






.








This is the card I made for IC200. I stamped with dazzle versa mark on shiny cardstock. I stamped off once to get the lighter flower on the right and left. Then used white embossing powder. I punched out a 1" circle from a post-it note making sure it was on the sticky end. I put the piece with the hole in it and used a dauber and put summer sun into the hole for the sun. Then I removed the negative mask and put the circle that was cut out, on top of the yellow circle on the paper. I used the brayer and moss ink for the top and artichoke for the bottom. I also tore a sticky note and put it near the bottom so there was an uneven edge where the two colors met.  Thinking of you is on dimensionals. This is for an encouragement card that our Card Ministry will make Friday.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 










This is a double challenge, color and layout challenge.This was a fun layout which I needed to turn sideways to accomodate this tree. I added iridescent ice to the tree with a versa mark, marker.






Well, slowly but surely, I'm posting the cards I've made. This day job does get in the way sometimes ya know? Take care, take time for yourself, and time with God. HE's our Savior and King. He'll come to tak  us home someday.........won't that be wonderful?


No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...