Saturday, October 31, 2009

We're Celebrating our Kids

Today we're celebrating our kids and their hard work for the grading period.  Both got Straight A's on their report card!  Woohoo!  They've worked incredibly hard this marking period.  We gave control of grades to them with parental monitoring.  The 9th grader did very well adjusting to high school and maintaining his grades by very hard work on the weekends, especially with his biology class. Whew, I don't know that I could do all of that stuff again.  I remember biology in high school and disecting frogs etc.  I also remember college and the amount of work  it took in undergrad work and graduate school.  I'm glad that part is behind me.  I do know however, that I love to learn new things for my field of teaching and of course stamping as well.   Anyway, I degress, we took the kids to one of their favorite restaurants tonight, Longhorn Steakhouse. I think they have the BEST mashed potatoes and filet of course!

Check out the directions from Dawn for this cute step card....http://www.dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/


I did mine as a Thanksgiving card not a photo holder, but it still makes a great card.

I used Autumn Traditions designer paper for the background and mounted that on celery paper. I used Autumn Days stamps to decorate the image panel. I colored with markers for the berries plant, and I stamped off on the leaves to get a softer color. Follow Dawn's video to get the perfect card. It's late and it took me two tries to get the cuts correct. LOL Thanks Dawn!
   I have fnished inputting report cards and comments.  I need to finish doing progress reports for the ieps and I will be done with that job for another nine weeks.
   I can't believe it's been so long since I've stamped.  This card was made at about 11p.m. one night this week.  I had put in 2 long days and nights for work and decided I wasn't going to let one more night go by without doing something for myself like stamp something.
  Sometimes we just have to do something for ourselves, ya know?
Please pray for my sister's family.  She just lost her MIL to cancer and are going through the loss right now.
 Please also pray for my dear friend who is in desperate need of surgery for her knee which she hurt in FEB of this year at work.  She is in a legal battle to get it repaired......I pray God will continue to be with her through this nightmare..............and I pray that she doesn't get worse since she's been battling pain for 7 months.  The pain is moving to her other hip and knee because she's favoring the other knee.  she's also having back pain..............Please God help her.
Bless you for stopping by.
I can't believe tomorrow is November 1st already.
Blessings,

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...