Monday, May 31, 2010

Just Had to Play

I had to play with the sweet scoops stamps set after our wonderful lunch with my MIL and FIL.   I took a look in the gallery to see what people were doing with this set and came upon one that was just darling!  Here's what I came up with.

I saw this in the sweet scoops gallery and CASED it. It was done by Q&Amom. Check out her card here:http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&cat=19069


I changed some things as well. I took a piece of white cardstock and added the scallop border then added word window punch pieces using designer paper from Shades of Spring. I also made a scallop border for under the cones with the same paper. I used caramel paper with caramel ink and used the faux wood technique. I mounted words from whimsical words on dimensionals at the bottom. The card opens up and has pink sprinkles all over and has have a sweet celbration inside. Thanks Q&Amom for a cute, cute card.

















I also made this card using the same set.  This is the first time I've used the chunky glitter. I think I like it, I'm not sure. I put the card through the big shot with flowers background. Then I added the pnk and black scallops. The paper is Shades of Spring designer paper. I cut out the ice cream cones and ice cream added glue and glitter and put it on the card. I think the cherry makes a cute addition.

Looking at these cards really makes me want some ice cream.  Kids are eating theirs right now.  I hope they finish it soon so I don't have to have it taunt me being in the freezer. LOL
Back to work tomorrow for a 4-day week.  Ah......it's getting closer and closer to summer vacation!

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...