Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday Before Memorial Day

What's going on for you this weekend?  Well, I watercolored lots of images so this weekend I set about putting them together into cards.  I'm also busy working on the dvd I make for our school each year.  I capture pictures and video and put it together as a show at the end of our awards assembly.

    I've got some cards to share with you.  See what you think.
This is a card that was watercolored with crayons and the aqua painter. I added 3-D gel to the fireworks and added star brads. I liked the idea that this could be fireworks for a birthday.
This is one of my all time favorite retired SU sets, Coast to Coast. It was colored with watercolor crayons and an aqua painter. The background and words were gone over with the caramel ink pad to give the wood look. I also put the card base through the Big Shot with a wood looking folder to add to the wood look.

This is another favorite watercoloring stamp set, Wonderful Wings. This set is retired :-(

I watercolored the butterfly with three colors. then I cut it out and mounted it with dimensionals on this pretty pink, lined paper. The backgroun was put through the big shot with the spring flowers folder. I love the contrast of colors in the butterfly and the paper.

















This is on of the few Magnolia stamps I have. She's been colored in pale plum and plum watercolor crayons and aquapainter. She is mounted on pixie pink paper and mounted on a plum top note cut out. The top note and card background were run through the Big Shot for texture. Pink ribon was added.













This is another favorite image to watercolor. I colored the image with watercolor crayons and aqua painter. The blue water in front is colored with 3-D color. I used paper and sticker from Taylor Made, an SU scrapbook set.














This is one of my fav. sunflower stamps that I own. I used to be known as the sunflower lady because my avitar was sunflowers and I made lots of sunflower cards. This was colored with watercolor crayons and an aqua painter.









This is one of my favorite watercolor pairs to color. This father and son is precious to me. It represent my husband and our son. I feel saddended that I don't have my father for father's day, but glad that my son has a father and that my DH has his father. I used paper and pieces from the scrapbook kit, Taylor Made. It was layered on gray paper from the kit also. Love it.


 I'm enjoying just card making and taking kids where they need to go.  I am enjoying just chillin' out and getting ready for the last 8 days of school which will be busy.  Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful Memorial Day.  May your pray for those who are serving and for those who have lost their life keep us free.
Bless you , 

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...