Monday, June 28, 2010

Next Step is Completed-4 days and counting

This morning I was up bright and early for my pre-admission testing.  Things went well so unless things change, surgery is at 9 a.m. Friday.  We have to be there at 7:30.  I keep praying for all who will be involved with this event.
I was up late last night as is the case with summer nights.  I saw the technique challenge called pounded flowers and braved the darkness to get some flowers from the garden to try this.
See what you think of it.  There is NO pounding invovled.  You put fresh flowers, etc. through your big shot or cuttlbug.

This is a real first for me....going out in the middle of the night to the garden for flowers to pound! LOL I got a few flowers and put them through my cuttlebug but broke the C plate, so I used the B plate. I used olive watercolor crayon on the background then used a dauber to add bashful blue. The flowers were watercolored with daffodil then yo-yo yellow. I stamped the bird in cherry then used the dauber with crumb cake to make him look duller to fit into the field I've placed him in. I like the results of this Joan. Thanks for a wild challenge!
This is my second try at this fun technique. I went out after a hard rain and pulled some bright pink dianthis and babies breath from the garden. I was very surprised that when squished, the dianthis turned out purple. The babies breath also has a light purple in it too........

I used an amethyst wash over this and mounted it on concord crush. Thinking of you is stamped in eggplant.
 This is my last card for this challenge, maybe :-).

I was showing my upline this technique and had fun adding to it. The baby's breath came out very well. The yellow flowers were coreopsis which were a pretty yellow. When they were smashed in the cuttlebug, we saw mostly brown........ewwwww. So We added yellow wwc to the brown so it would look like a flower. The baby's breath was colored pink then an amethyst wash was applied to the rest of the card. The butterflies have pearls on them. The card was spritzed with glitter and iridescent ice was applied to friend with my versa mark marker.
Well it's time for sleeping so I guess I'll rest my weary head on the pillow for a while.  God Bless and thanks for visiting today.


No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...