Saturday, July 17, 2010

More Cards and Dinner and Stamping With a Friend

Today I received 5 more get well cards.  I can't believe they are still coming 2 weeks after surgery.  Here they are:
Harriet, thank you for the darling get well card. I love your layout and that sweet kitty. The flower adds just the right amount of sunshine. Thank you for making my day a little brighter with your card.




















Nancy, Thank you for your cool card. It has been hot, hot, hot here so to recieve a snow card really made us giggle and for a moment feel cooler! Thank you for making my day with your beautiful card. You are a special lady to spread such cheer to others. Bless you.















This card is from my twin sister.  I just love all the colors in this cheerful card.  Thanks Annie.

This is a card from my sister's family.  Thanks Ann for another fun card.
This card is from my boss.  Thanks Jodie for the encouragement and a reminder that God is the healer. 
Today at 4:30 a dear friend came to visit.  Guess what?  She brought dinner~ My family went to a baseball game so Jane and I enjoyed her meal and talked and stamped the night away.  What a fun time.  I'm not finished with it but will post it when I am.  I made this snowflake and pearl card for the Friday Free 4 all challenge.  You had to use snowflakes and pearls.


Here's the box I made using the directions from Splitcoast Stampers.  It's quick and easy.  The hardest part was decorating it, really! It's three pieces of cardstock that are scored.  Two pieces make the box and one makes the drawer.

I find myself so grateful for the little things in life.  I guess with surgery comes a lot of time to heal and take it slow.  Not much to do but think, read, pray, make cards, watch tv.  So I'm thankful for the baby steps my recovery is taking.  May God continue to bless you as well.

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...