Friday, July 16, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY ~ July 16, 2010

Outside my window... It's dark after another hot, humid day here in Ohio.
I am thankful ... that I got my staples out and could go up to the second floor today!
From the learning rooms...
all is quiet with summer vacation.
From the kitchen... remaining smells of chocolate cookies, choc chip mufifns and banana bread which was baked yesterday.
I am creating... a card for the Free4All challenge on Splitcoast today which is pearls and snowflakes.
In the garden… plants are growing now that we found a deer repellent.
I am reading... a christian fiction book......love these, they take me away to a different place and time.
I am hoping... that the pain for surgery goes away sooner than later.
I am hearing... my favorite Christian Music Playing and the AC running to keep us comfortable.
Around the house... all is quiet.......all are asleep except me.
One of my favorite things... to have fun with my kids where we tease each other and belly laugh together. 
A few plans for the rest of the week: Write thank you notes for all the meals we've received this week.
Here is a picture for thought I am sharing… Me waiting to go in for surgery July 2nd.  Don't ya just love the jiffy pop hat?  I even got a warmed blanket to keep me warm in the cold operating room.  Did you know operating rooms are cold so bacteria and germs can't live in there?

Unexpected blessings this week: We received 4 meals this week to help out after my hip surgery.
God provides and is so good to us.  He gives us so much more than we deserve.
Thanks for stopping by today for my Simple womans thoughts.
Bless You,

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...