Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy 17th Anniversary to Tim and I

Today Tim and I are celebrating our 17th Wedding Anniversary! I can't believe how fast time has flown by. Wasn't it just yesterday that we were married? Wasn't it just yesterday that Ben was born? Wasn't it just yesterday that Sarah was born? Oh my, where has the time gone? Sad to say, it seems like it has flown by, more so lately than earlier. Is that true, the older you get the faster time flies?
We celebrated by going out to dinner. I was very tired from all I did yesterday. I need to remember I don't yet have the stamina I did before surgery.
I made a card for the Inspiration Challenge on SCS. Here it is. I brayered the background and embossed the rose then colored it with my blender pen and tangerine and poppy inks. The leaves were stamped then colored with versamarker and embossed three times.


Next I finished the box for the owl cards I made yesterday.  See what you think of this.  I followed the directions Irene listed to make the box.  Check out the owl.......doesn't he look like he has an afro?  LOL
When Sarah saw it she said that..........


I finished a good Christian book today and now I'm going to start the biography of Joni Ericson Tada.  My husband read it and said it would be a very good read.  He warned me however that there are some very disturbing things that happened to her while she was in a rehab facility. 

Tomorrow is Sunday and I'm going to try to go to church.  We'll see how I do.  Please pray that I may continue to go places and gather the stamina I need so I can get back to work.

Thank you for stopping by today.

1 comment:

~*Joni said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card! Brayering always intimidates me but look at how beautiful the results are. Love your afro owl! :) Ethnic animals are always a big hit in my house. heehee! Praying for you and more stamina, congratulations on your anniversary!!
hugs always~

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....