Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday Got To Go To Church

Today was the first time in 5 weeks that I've been able to go to church.  It felt good to be back.  I forgot my cane though so I was pretty nervous about moving around.  I did fine by walking slowly.
  I have been working on cards that will be made this Wednesday by 5th and 6th grade girls for a nursing home.  The girls each will be getting a card to use as a random act of kindness.  Here's what I've been working on.
I will divide the girls into three groups and have each group do a card.  I hope this keeps everyone busy.






Today I spent some time reading an autobiography by Joni Erikson Tada.  It has been quite a journey with her.  She went through so much after her diving accident at 17.  It is truly only through God that she made it out of that accident and became the spokeswoman for disabled people that she is today.  It is so amazing how God changed her life from someone who wanted to die, to someone who is helping others.

I have more cards I've made for Card Ministry Friday that I'll show you tomorrow.
Bless you for stopping by and thanks for the prayers for my recovery from hip surgery.

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...