Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jig

Well I'm home today since my hip isn't cooperating.  DH wanted me to lay low until I see the dr. tomorrow a.m.  He was also upset that the dr. couldn't see me yesterday when I called for an appt. Thus, my catchy title today.

I have been making some cards for the different challenges today.  Here they are:
The first one is for teapot challenge.
       This week we're doing Molly Brown items for Teapot Tuesday. This week our destination is a 14 year old Colorado girl by the name if Alea. Alea has endured 18 months of hospitalization on and off with multiple surgeries and unanticipated infections all originally due to a slipped vertabrae, the most recent of which postponed her start of school this Fall. Alea has a real interest in all that is Molly. As a matter of fact, that is how we have come to make cards for Alea today. Marilynn (Apandi) is good friends with Alea's grandmother and met Alea when she brought her in for a tour at the Molly Brown House Museum. She's an Unsinkable Molly Brown fan! We have the opportunity to bring her all that is Molly each day over the next few weeks as she recovers from her latest surgery and looks forward to returning to school.


So here's my card for Alea. I went to the Molly Brown Museum site and printed a picture of Molly herself then aged it with Tim Holtz distress ink-antique linen. Then layered it on Lap of Luxury papers. I added SU Victoria ribbon down the side of the image. next I added a flower which I inked with antique linen on top of its rust color. I stamped for you in the center of the beautiful oval which was colored with pretty in pink marker. I love this stamp/punch combo. I often color the stamp so I can use it for more than just thank you.

I have a feeling I'm going to be taking several chickens home from this tea party. Maybe they can live in our shed or play in the pool since our teens don't use it! LOL
The next card is for the color challenge:

Here is my card for this challenge using razzleberry, pacific point and olive. I used retired SU paper Cottage Wall for the backgrounds. I didn't have doiles so I used my SU Victorian Lace instead. Hope the challenge police don't carry me and my card off of this challenge. LOL


I used markers to color the image. I added pacific point paper to each side of the sponged image. I addded a pretty flower with a pearl then added the sentiment. The flower and sentiment are popped up on dimensionals. Thanks for another great challenge Betty. You keep stretching us with these.
I'm home until I see the dr. tomorrow for my hip popping.  I'm glad I see him in the a.m. as I'm wondering what this is.  It's hard to be off work the first week of school like this.  I have a horrible headache, think I'll go lay down and see if that helps.  My excedrin doesn't seem to be touching it.
Bless you for stopping today.  Have you ever wondered why God made you?  Check out this post which says so much about this.



No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...