Monday, August 2, 2010

New Technique Challenge and More Michelle Zindorf Cards

I have a card I made for todays new technique challenge on SCS given by Joan.  Whew, I tried 6 times and still didn't get a plaid look.  I got a three color look but it's not plaid looking.  I'm going to try again.  I don't have stamping spots to use so maybe that's the reason.  I tried to used full sized stamp pads.
Take a look...........


I also tried Michelle Zindorf's tutorials 350 and 351 today.  See what you think.  I changed things a little from her tutorial but that's what you do I think, you take the basic idea and make it your own.  This had a turtle in Michelle's tutorial.  I didn't have the turtle and tried a bird, but I didn't like it so I made it a second time without anything but the grass.
This is similar to Michelle's project.  I added the baroque stamping behind, I made it an A2 sized card and added Happy Birthday instead of Journey.  I thought this would make a great masculing card.  I added the paper piercing but came in from each end to make it a bit different than Michelle's.


Today was a tiring day.  I ran a few errands and found that it was hard to sit without pain.  I kept ice on my hip for a lot of the day today.  It's all part of the healing process.
Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you are enjoying each day of summer.
Tim and I will be celebrating 17 years of marriage Saturday, Aug. 7th.   Whew, where has the time gone?
Bless You

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...