Monday, August 30, 2010

Sunday Sunday What Do You Do On Sunday?

It was interesting driving out of the driveway this morning.  We saw people doing their thing.  A couple was doing their morning walk, one man was walking his dog and another man had a wheelbarrow in his front yard at 8:20 busily working in the dirt.
  I made a silly comment like, they'll go to the noon service, or the 6 p.m. service, but I didn't know.  I began to wonder if they even knew about God?  If they didn't know about Him, they couldn't make time for Him in their Sunday now could they?  So I was stuck with that thought this morning.

I went into the 9 a.m. service and went down front to be able to see and concentrate on the mesage today. I stood by the Card Ministry display after service and spoke to some people who had questions.  Some people couldn't believe that we'd made almost 4,000 cards in the three years we've had our ministry.
  A woman I've seen at church many times before came to the table.  I knew her and asked if my memory was correct, had she gone to another church before coming here.  It turns out she had and I knew her from that same church.  She was a heavy woman who didn't seem to be with anyone.  When I've seen her she's always alone.  I talked to her and the first comment she said, was, "Thank you for telling me you knew me."  Could this woman be here in this large church where no one acknowledges her or talks to her?  How sad is that?  Lord forgive me for being that person now and then when I've seen her. 
  This made me wonder how many others are in this same situation?  Lord I pray that you'll open my eyes to how I can serve you.  Please just push me and my agenda out of the way and work through me Lord.  Please make me willing to serve through you not with my own strength.

Take a look at what God can do even in what seems like the darkest of circumstances.  It's truly amazing!



Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you look at your life and see the potential God sees and continue to work for Him.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....