Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Today I slept in a bit and got to play the sketch challenge............oh my goodness, was it hard!  It had a fan shape that was needed and for some reason I couldn't wrap my head around it.  I tried ribbon, then went to paper.  I actually had to print the sketch out and cut out the paper fan to make my match.  Oh my it took me most of the day to get it together.  I almost gave up on it too.  But I didn't want to give in to an inanimate object!
Here's my card for the sketch challenge.  I wasn't comfortable with the extended paper.  The card was cut 3/4" smaller so the fan could stick out.  Talk about out of my comfort zone.  That's what these challenges are for though, to get us out of our comfort zone and tackle things we've not done before.
Tonight it worked out that Tim and I could go to dinner together.  So we did.  I got into the passenger's seat wrong, I twisted wrong and sat on my incision and pain shot through me like fire.  Oh my I jumped out of the van crying and crying standing in the parking lot.  Tim talked me back into the van and got me home so I could put ice on it.  It's sore today but I continue to ice it.  I guess it's like when you pull a muscle, it hurts and you have to tend to it until the pain goes away.  I see the dr. the 11th.  If this isn't better, I'll try to get in sooner.
Feeling tired now and will probably go to sleep with an ice pack on.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...