Friday, October 29, 2010

Amazing Grace

I have to tell you that today was a truly trying day at work. My right-hand assistant Patti was out and I had a sub. She is a great sub but the kids were off the wall. You know Halloween parties and all...........well trying to teach in the morning is a complete waste of time, yet I'm trying to do just that. I had a headache from the morning's activities in trying to teach to children that must have gotten into the candy stash at home before they came to school today!
I can't believe we allow a whole afternoon for this nonsense! But we have kids return from lunch at 1:15, take attendance, then parade around the neighborhood then back to our classrooms for a party which is from 2:15-3:10 or so............it's utterly exhausting and unnecessary. We have Holiday parties and they are about 45 minutes. I wish we didn't have to do a Halloween party. Because it's a building-wide practice we have to participate. I talked to more teachers today though that hate it as much as I do. Maybe we can change it for next year. Or better yet, I'll take the day off and Patti can run the party!
I had a grandma come in when she brought her granddaughter back in her costume and she told me she was staying for the party! How about that? I told her I wasn't aware she was coming to the party. Usually I get a request to do this and not have someone just show up. I let her stay and had her help me set up the room for the party.
I couldn't wait to get home to peace and quiet. Do you know that I saw one student at the end of the day and she said she was a dead baby...........what is wrong with people? Not only the parents, but the kid and the teacher. Oh my how sick is that, a dead baby for a costume.
I don't think it's my age either. I have to believe others would be offended by this as well.
I continue to get ready for the craft fair which is a week from today.
Check out this fun video.
Have a great weekend.
 


No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...