Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Cool God Story

Today was one of the most gorgeous days we've had in a long time here in Cleveland.  Not only that but did you see the Browns beat the New Orleans Saints today 30 to 17.  What an amazing game.  I've not watched a Brown's game in years but today was stamping with a friend who loves the Browns.  We stamped and watched and listened to the game.  Some great plays were made by the Browns which stunned the Super Bowl Chalmps from last season. 

   Today was a busy day.  I went to church for my Bible study with our group and Tim.  Then I came home and had lunch with Tim on the screened in porch.  Then I went to Jane's house to stamp things for our craft show in 2 weeks.
  I forgot the stamp I needed for the card we were going to make so we looked at what Jane had and began to stamp and emboss to make that card.
I always enjoy stamping with Jane.  There's nothing like sharing a passion of stamping with a friend.
  Tonight I went to church because Sarah has her small group at that time.  I really enjoy the music at the evening service.  Tonight the worship leader said they'd play a few songs if people wanted to come to the front and pray or sit in their seats and do the same thing.
  I went forward and prayed for a bit with my cane in hand then turned to go back to my seat.  I saw a woman 3 seats away wiping her eyes crying.  I got a tissue and went to give it to her.  I asked her if I could pray for her.  So right then an there she hugs me and I start to pray for her.  Next thing I know she's praying for me for whatever reason I have the cane etc.  What an awesome feeling.  This is not even something that I thought about, I just did.  What an awesome God we serve.  The woman came to me at the end of the service and hugged me again and thanked me for praying for her.   Wow to be so close to someone like that and not even know them!
  It's amazing when you can feel and see God at work in your life.  Ya know, I thought about not going to church tonight because I had so much to do.  But I went and I'm so glad that I did.
We both received a blessing tonight from a complete stranger. Our God is an Awesome God.
Blessings,


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

Thank you so much for sharing your story! We do serve an AWESOME God! Your obedience to the Lord for going over to the lady and praying for her is such a testimony to the strength the Lord give you. You saw the Lord working near you and you join him. That is hard for most of us to do and what a blessing you both received by you following God's path!

I love stores like these especially when you realize it is God working around you and you gladly join in to help him!

I pray God have a special blessing for you and your family!
Hugs and Prayers,
Tara

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...