Thursday, October 7, 2010

First Half-Day Back and Rose

Today was my first day back at work.  I worked in the afternoon. 
Here was my day.
Luncheon 12:15-1:15
Substitute updated me on what she had done for 3 weeks  1:15-1:50
My Sp. Ed. grademate updated me on sp. ed. stuff I missed. 1:50-2:50
3:15 students dismissed.
I spent the rest of the day until 7:45 working with Patti my assistant and organizing and writing lesson plans for next week.
I am thanking God for allowing me so much time to catch up.  I didn't expect to have a sub for the afternoon.  I didn't expect that I'd be able to meet with my grademate today.
I thank God for managing my day and giving me more than I imagined today would be.

Today I got a beautiful card from Rose.  Hi Rose....Rose this was the first thing I opened tonight after work.  What a gorgeous card this is! I just love it!
I want to thank Patti, my assistant for all of her help with our substitute for three weeks.  Yup, I had surgery 3 weeks ago last Tuesday.  I am amazed that I am back already.  My dr. said I'm a quick healer.
He didn't have to do anything with the femur bone just the socket area.  Also I was doing PT up until surgery so I went into surgery very strong, so things are easier for me after surgery.
Again, I'm thanking God for putting all those things in place for me.

Today in my Bible Study I read that God calls us when He needs us to do something to forward His will in our life.  I am praying that I can first of all distinguish His Will from mine, and that I will see Him at work in my life and jump right in when I'm called to do so.  That I won't hesitate or put up excuses as to why I can't do what He wants me to do.
  That's the normal thing to do ya know.  Throughout the Bible many people gave excuses, like Moses and Noah. We often read about these people and put them down for not listening to God, or for not trusting God or for making excuses..........we're no different, yet we think we are somehow better......NOT!!
So my prayer is that I will get out of the way and let God do what He needs to do through me and I will do it when I'm called to do it.
   Time for sleep. I have more cards to design and cut paper for.  Tomorrow is Card Ministry and I have to keep those ladies busy!  The last two times we've finished at 8 p.m. instead of 9.
Bless you for stopping by.

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...