Saturday, October 16, 2010

Happy Sweetest Day!

Guess what me Sweetie did yesterday for me?  He took me to Mapleside Farms 25 minutes away for lunch and shopping and a bit of walking.  It was a wonderful time together.  Mapleside started as a family orchard where you  could go for apples and pumpkins.  It has grown to a store, bakery, restaurant, hay rides, ice cream store, horse drawn wagon rides, hay maze and all sorts of fun things for the kids to do.  We like to walk around the grounds and on the paths that lead to the pond and the apple orchards.  We couldn't do that yesterday because I wasn't sure about doing the steep path with my cane.  It's paved, but I didn't want to chance anything.  From the top of the hill you can see for 50 miles on a clear day.  It's a beautiful place.  So that's what we did for Sweetest Day although we don't celebrate it.


  I used the rest of the day to stamp with a friend to get ready for the craft show that's in a few weeks.  Here's what I did.
These two candles are those that I stamped on tissue paper then wrapped the candle in waxed paper and heated it with my heat tool.  I love how easy this is.

This selection says, Here's some Yummy for your Tummy.  It's a slider candy bar.  You pull on the ribbon and a candy bar slides out.
The next group of items are message centers.  You take an acrylic photo frame and sit it down and add paper and decoration like I added the basket with flowers and added a sticky note pad and a small pen.
Another thing we want to sell is popcorn with chocolate drizzled on it.  We're going to make the popcorn the day of the sale.  I wanted to make a sample so I used a small packet of kettle corn.  It was put into a plastic bag, and we added a ribbon.  I learned that you have to put the bag into the fry container then fill it.  Otherwise the bag won't fit into the container if you fill it first.  I got white fry containers from Hollo's in Brunswick and traced a pattern.  I cut red paper out using the pattern and added the stamping to the front of it.  I'm not sure if I'll stay with this sample but it's a start.


This is one of several memo pads that I stamped.  I got these at Hollos and they were 4" tall.  I cut them in half and decorated with stamps on three sides and the top.  The top has a 4x4 piece of cardstock taped so that it will open to allow you to write on the paper.  Then it can close to look pretty again.


I did more things today but I'm too tired to post them.  I'll post them tomorrow.

Here's something I got from a friend.  Food for thought.  I tried to make this bigger but couldn't so I printed the words out.

Dear God,

Please untie the knots
That are in my mind,
My heart and my life.
Remove the have nots,
The can nots
And the do nots
That I have in my mind.

Erase the will nots,
May nots,
Might nots that may find
A home in my heart.

Release me from the could nots
Would nots and
Should nots that abstruct my life.

And most of all Dear God,
I ask that you remove from my mind
My heart and my life all of the ‘am nots’
That I have allowed to hold me back
Especially the thought that I am not
Good enough.
Amen
Author known to God



Thank you for stopping by.

Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...