Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday is A Day of Stamping and Worshiping God

Today I found it hard to get up but did to go to Bible Study. I love to do this with Tim. It's something I'm going to recommend we do again when this class is over.
When we got home I got ready for Jane to come over. She is going to continue to help me make things for the craft show. She brought her beautiful Longaberger baskets over so we could put cards into them. They look so nice.
We are now working on the details of the show like prices of items, labeling things and organizing what we'll need to bring etc. I also want to make sure I bring something to do while I'm there. I don't like sitting with nothing to do.

I have to tell you what made my day Saturday. I got a big envelope full of cards made by Khela's mom who is 90 years old. She saw my link which asked people if they had cards they'd like to get rid of I'd take them for an assisted living facility nearby. Violet sent all of these gorgeous cards she made. Check them out!  Click on the pictures to see them larger.  They are amazing!  Here's a picture of Violet surrounded by the cards many stampers from Splitcoast sent to her.
At 90 she continues to serve others by cardmaking.  Isn't that amazing!  That gives me hope that I still remember what to do with stamps and ink by the time I get there! LOL

Aren't these just gorgeous!  Thank you Violet for your loving heart.  I am in awe of your work.  These cards are truly works of heart and art.
   I am in the midst of a busy time at work, so all of this is so relaxing to me.  Please pray for God's will in this craft show.
The video I have for you today is so amazing.  Seeing people in need all around us in not a new thing.  But God has opened my eyes to some things lately that this video seems to convey.  I hope you like it and it gives you food for thought.  How much are you acting like Christ?  Do people see Christ in you?  Do you see needs you can do something about yet ignore them?  Let's pray that we can all do a better job representing Christ in our lives.



If you listen to the last line in the song it talks about changing the world.  We can do that one person or soul at a time.  It's amazing to think that I, you and any other Christian can make an impact for God's kingdom right where we live, work, play.  We can make a difference yet often times we don't.  We talk ourselves out of stepping out of our comfort zone and talk about Jesus with people.  Satan is great at pull out all the stops when it comes to self-doubt.  I'll pray for you if you'll pray for me that we can step out in faith and tell others about Jesus.
Thanks for stopping by today.  May God bless you today and always.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...