Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Week Later..........Been Busy as You'll See...Another Day

I've been very busy this week getting ready for Card Ministry which was Friday. It takes a while to come up with designs then a long time to organize each card with all the items needed to make it. I prepared enough to make 220 cards Friday. We only had 7 ladies but we were able to make 160 cards in 2 hours! That's incredible!!!
A friend and I finished the other 60 Saturday so all in all we made 220 cards for our church this month! God is amazing how he works in all of this.
I spoke to a gal who is in charge of the ministry for families who have lost a child, and we're going to make cards for that ministry as well.
Here are the cards we made this month.
Here's the part where I tell you why you won't see them today........I moved my pictures from my camera to my photo file on my desktop. I was sure all of them transferred cuz I could see a picture in the folder. Guess what? That's all that transferred and I in my efficiency, deleted all of the photos from the camera! So I will have to photograph, crop, and fix pictures again before posting them............argh!
Outside My Window...It is dark, cold and raining.  We've even had to put the heat back on! OH MY will Spring ever come without rain?


I am thinking...I need some fun time to read and stamp soon.  Making so many cards is great but now I need some ME time.  Do you ever find you need some ME time?

I am thankful for...a church that preaches the word of God and allows me to become closer and closer to my creator by reminding me what's important.

From the learning rooms...kids are at their laptops doing homework.  Homeschooling via computer is going very well.

From the kitchen...I can hear my DH fixing his lunch for work tomorrow.  Reminds me I need to do that as well.

I am wearing...jeans, t-shirt and shoes! It's so cold I couldn't wear my sandals or flip flops.

I am creating...cards for mom's who have lost a baby or child.  It's a very difficult thing to do. I'm praying God will once again guide me as I create these cards.

I am going...to be happy to be on summer vacation.  However I have to totally pack up my classroom to move upstairs in the next 17 days.  YIKES!

I am reading...Wedding on Angel Island by Thomas Kinkade.  It's a nice, take me away, kind of book.

On my mind...getting all the things done in 17 days that I need to do in order to be on summer vacation.

Around the house...I can hear Ben coughing. He has a cold that hopefully won't go into bronchitis.

One of my favorite things...to laugh and have fun with my kids.  Gotta enjoy them while they are here.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:Get ordering done for school next year, lesson plans, shop for clothes, grade and record lots of papers, make some cards.

A Picture to Share….
This is a card my dear friend Jane made for Tim and I for contributing to her missions trip fund.  I think it is just gorgeous!  Jane's one who helps me a lot with card ministry .  Thanks Jane!

I saw this video on Dawn's stamping blog and thought it was so funny I just had to share it.

Thanks so much for checking things out here.  I am hoping to get photos of cards again soon.  May God continue to be near you and guide each step you take.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...