Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Sick Day and Kids Are Traveling

Today I was up through the night due to all the coughing I was doing.  You know you've coughed a lot when your back and ribs hurt as you cough.  That's where I am right now.  I'm trying to rest/sleep and get some things done around here.
   Kids made it safely to Newark and are flying to Orlando.  They will fly from Orlando and get to Panama around 1 a.m. Tuesday morning.  They should be exhausted when they get there after traveling over 24 hours on a bus and plane. 
   Tomorrow they should get into Peru.
Lord thank you for protecting our children.  Please continue to be with them and guide them on their trip. 
Todays new technique challenge was to make your card look aged.  Here's my card for the Old World Look challenge. I stamped in Memento Tuxedo black ink onto white cardstock. I colored the mice and chocolate with Copic markers. Next I used Tim Holtz distress inks tattered rose and antique lined. Then I ripped the paper all the way around and added black ink to the edges to make it look like it had been burned. I stamped on Crumb Cake using the weathered background stamp from Stampin' Up. I stamped once then turned the stamp sideways and stamped two more times.
  Thanks for checking in on me.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

I'm sorry about your cough. It sounds miserable. Hoping everyone stays safe on their long journey. I love the aged look of your card, and the darling image.

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...