Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday, They Come Home Tomorrow!

Today makes one more day until Ben and Sarah come home. Today we got some pictures of kids in Iquitos, Peru.  I can't wait to hear what they did there.
It's interesting to see how the locals dress.  Our kids were told they had to have short sleeves, no cap sleeves, no v-neck or scoop necks.  They had to wear polos or blouses and shorts or skirts below the knee.  I guess it's a sign of respect or something.  Maybe it was for the church they were working with.  Not sure, but most of the clothing they took down there will be left there.  It will be washed and handed out to those in need by the church they worked with.

We had a bad storm last night and church is without power.  Our first service was cancelled.  Tim and I went to Maria's Gardens and picked out some plants for the kid's garden area.  I planted them while Tim cut the grass and trimmed.  I watered the gardens and helped cut the grass, the first time in about 3 years.  With all the hip problems I had I wasn't allowed to do that much walking. Now I can! Not sure that's good or not! LOL  It is if it is just Tim and I.  But when kids are home, they can do it.
  I am feeling like a little kid, being so excited to see Ben and Sarah.  Two weeks is really a long time to go without talking to them and hugging them.
    This is the card I made for the Splitcoast Featured Stamper Challenge.  You have to go through the gallery of the lady chosen and copy a card but change several things to make it your own.  Here's my card.  This is a stamp I borrowed from Jane which is so cute since you can stamp anything you want into the banner. The stamp is called Bear Banner from Hero Arts.
It's almost like a Christmas feeling here. I am getting more and more excited to see my kids.  Tomorrow about 10:30 a.m. they will be here being hugged by their mama!
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...