Monday, July 4, 2011

They're HOME!

What a wonderful July 4th gift I received, having my kids come home!  I hugged them and as I hugged Sarah she said, "I expected this!"  She knows her mama!  If you are half-Italian, you'd better know that you'd be hugged! LOL  It's funny how matter of fact the kids were but you could tell they were happy to come home.  We thought they'd be tired and not want to talk about their travels, but they were just chattering away on the way home as they ate their brownies with choc frosting.  Yes, I did go out and get brownie mix and frosting.
Lots of parents were anxious to get their teen home to hug on them and chat about their trip.
Here are my two tired world travelers.
Did you know that dads show their love in different ways?  Some hug, some don't.  Some shop for kid favorite junk foods and fill the kid's junk food drawer!  Let's see there were pringles, oreos, cheezits, marshmallow chocolate cookies, m&m's.  Then there was ice cream in the freezer and choc syrup too. 
Their daddy missed them for sure! LOL
We chattered away the morning and looked at items the kids purchased.  There were lots of stories too.  Then came nap time for them.  We had a great cook out and dinner on the screened in porch. What a perfect day!  Thank you Lord for bringing the group back safely.  Seems everyone had some form of illness while there. I guess it's typical flu like symptoms.  Praising God for bringing my kids back to me.  I'm also praying that they will continue to be led by Him as a result of their trip.
Tomorrow we go to church to hear about their trip.
THanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024

 The Simple Woman's Daybook for August 2, 2024 Looking out my window it's dark and starting to cool off. It has been muggy and rainy...