Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hangin' Out Day in TN

This has been a wonderful time of relaxation on vacation in the mountains. There are some negatives however. The roads are twisty, turny so you have to be on your guard when driving. It takes about 20-30 minutes to get somewhere when you drive. It is also next to impossible to walk around here where we are staying since it's so steep wherever you go.  Here are some pictures from today.   Ben and walked around our area snapping pictures.

 I love getting candid photos.
 How can you look at a picture like this and NOT believe in God? This is the beginning of sunset.

“Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!”  Ephesians 3:20-21


Have you read this before?  It came about as a result of our ladies' Bible Study last night.  We were talking about how non-Christians sometimes talk about us as Christians. I guess this is the original author of this poem.  



When I say, “I am a Christian”
I’m not shouting, “I’ve been saved!”
I’m whispering, “I get lost!
That’s why I chose this way”
When I say, “I am a Christian”
I don’t speak with human pride
I’m confessing that I stumble -
needing God to be my guide
When I say, “I am a Christian”
I’m not trying to be strong
I’m professing that I’m weak
and pray for strength to carry on
When I say, “I am a Christian”
I’m not bragging of success
I’m admitting that I’ve failed
and cannot ever pay the debt
When I say, “I am a Christian”
I don’t think I know it all
I submit to my confusion
asking humbly to be taught
When I say, “I am a Christian”
I’m not claiming to be perfect
My flaws are far too visible
but God believes I’m worth it
When I say, “I am a Christian”
I still feel the sting of pain
I have my share of heartache
which is why I seek His name
When I say, “I am a Christian”
I do not wish to judge
I have no authority
I only know I’m loved
Copyright 1988 Carol Wimmer

I loved this  poem which shows the vulnerability of every human, especially those like me who chose to have God in our heart, helping us through each and every second of each and every day.  We're so helpless without God.
Time to get some reading done.
Thanks for stopping.
Blessing of the Day: Time with Ben to photograph our area
 

2 comments:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Thanks for sharing that poem. I had never read it before.

Anonymous said...

Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for a while... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless! Jenn.

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....