Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Sunday

Today I dropped off the 125 cards we made at Card Ministry for the Music ministry. I always feel so good to be able to drop off that many cards that will be sent out to others. Last night Emily came over to stamp and stamp we did. Here are some cards I made.
This is a card I made Saturday morning for the Inspiration Challenge.  I just love this new set.  I've always loved 2-step stamping.  I'm going to have a good time with this set.

We had an uninvited guest at the bird feeder last night.  The picture is blurry since I couldn't get very close, nor did I want to! LOL  This was a skunk with the white on his head and body but NOT on his tail.  Hopefully this won't be an every night meal stop for him.
I made a few cards while Emily was here last night.  Take a peek.   Isn't this Inky Antics Giraffe just darling?  I colored him with copic markers then used my close to cocoa ink on the summer sun card stock. I ran it through the cuttlebug with the giraffe embossing folder.  I added giraffe ribbon and two rhinestones that looked like giraffe spots.  I added grass for the giraffe to walk on too. :)

This was shiny cardstock which I stamped on with brown SU ink which is permanent.  I stamped on glossy cardstock.  Next I dried it with a heat tool.  Next I colored the train lightly with makers and wiped most of the color off. Then I used the Tim Holtz distress ink pad, linen to drag across this image.  I ripped the edges and added ink to the edge of  the image.  Next I took a piece of crumb cake and ripped it so it would be a bit bigger than the image panel .  I added ink to the embossed card which was saffron based.  Lastly I added the large hole eyelets and ribbon.
 Here is a card that has the OSU colors, red and gray on it.  I made some more progress today.  I got this one.
 This is going to be fun playing with this. When I first saw this I couldn't get over the pretty dandelion-like flowers.  I'm looking forward to trying out different combinations.
 This set has been on my list from the time it was in the mini.  I didn't want to get it if it retired with the mini so I waited until it was in the large catalog knowing I'd have at least a year with it.  I embossed with white embossing powder then colored that with calypso color.  I put espresso behind the cup then added that to the coral embossed paper.  I added espresso ribbon and baja blue paper with dotted swiss pattern.  I added the tiny pearls to the sentiment.

Sarah and I went shopping today for 2 1/2 hours.  It's only by the grace of God that I lasted that long.  We went to Plato's Closet and Forever 21.  Sarah found lots of clothes at Forever 21.  I was so happy that it was a fun and successful trip.  When we got home I asked Sarah to model her clothes since I didn't see them at the store.

I just found out that Forever 21 Has John 3:16 written on the bottom of their bag! Cool huh?
It's time for sleep, I have a busy day tomorrow.
Blessing from today: I lasted the whole time we shopped and I don't have to take her out again for a long time! :) 

 

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...