Thursday, June 14, 2012

What a Busy Two Days

I thought vacations were supposed to be slow, easy and fun.  So far it's been run, do, run.  I've been so busy doing things that I'm ready to go back to work! Just kidding Hope! LOL
  I did get some late night stamping done so here are a few of those.
Here's a quick, easy card to make for teen or tween birthdays. Stamp the hoodie with versamark then emboss in black embossing powder. Fold then added black twine. The stamp is  too much fun stamps-hoodie.
I colored the image with markers, huffed then stamped. The center of the flower by the stem was colored with cajun, then the flower in cherry. It's so hard to see the difference in these two colors. I used the Apothecary accents for the white and cajun cut outs. The baja layer was made by tracing the die from the white layer and cutting it out by hand. I used the houndstooth embossing folder then the baja ribbon. I added rhinestones.
This is a card my stampers will make Friday using the new colors from Stampin' Up.
 This card was for Wednesday's sketch challenge.  I stamped the circle image from Serene Silhouettes in Primrose Petals, then used the scallop circle punch to form my flower. I added rhinestones to the flower. I used a swirl embossing folder then added olive paper behind the retired SU paper then added the swirl with Baroque Motifs. I added Get Well using perfectly penned. I used a MS border punch for the designer paper. Thanks Korin, this wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, though it took me a while to get the right designer paper! LOL
 Brandy showed this idea on her blog. It is soooo cute.
It is a tea bag holder. I think you could use it as a gift card holder. Wouldn't a Starbucks card be cute in here?

    Well, I'd better get back to it.  I have Bible Study tonight, then I need to pick up my stamping things from Emily's house.  I was there for a few hours before a date with Tim for dinner.  The two kids are at Grandpa's house for a few days.  It sure brightens dad's days to have them there.  They are such a big help to him with things they help with.  I'm sure mentally, and emotionally having someone there brightens his spirits.

Ben's making chili for him and freezing it in portions so grandpa can have a home cooked meal once in a while.  This made me think that maybe I should be doing that. I hate the fact that he's now alone but he seems to be doing pretty well with all things considered.

Well, thank you for stopping by.
Blessing for the day:Tim and I had a date tonight.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...