Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lunch With My Sweetie

Today was lunch with my sweetie.  The sandwich shop we go to was packed and very loud when we got there at 11:30.  We ordered and sat outside and ate.  There was a nice breeze blowing which was great.

We took a walk into downtown Berea and sat at the square on a bench by a monument.  The monument blocked the sun so it was comfortable with the breeze.  Just across from where we were sitting was an ice cream store.  So we walked to the ice cream store and got some great ice cream.  We sat on these cute little ice cream shop chairs at a cute table.  Loved it!  If you could pray for my sweetie I'd appreciate it.  He's at a point at work where it's stressful.

Today was the sketch challenge at SCS and this one was very difficult for me.  You had to use a pennant shape.   I had a hard time deciding what to put on the triangle. At first I was going to go with sports and baseball, but them decided to go with a flower. I did two step stamping with Stippled Blossom stamped in rose red then razzleberry. I punched out leaves using floral district from SU. The pennant shape is from floral district as well. I stamped the greeting from blooming with kindness. I used the Tulip border embossing folder from SU and added razzleberry ribbon. I used the tiny flower punches from SU and added pearls to the centers.
I so wanted to go swimming today but my son forgot to put the chlorine back in the pool after he swam last night, so there was no chlorine in the pool, not even a smidgen of it.
Sarah and I have been trying to get in the pool together and each time something gets in the way.

Ben and his 4 friends did worship tonight in the Sr. High room.  This is the week that 8th graders moved up to the high school.  Ben said it was amazing tonight. One of the guys did a little Bible talk for the group, then they did a bit of prayer time for each other.  Then they practiced the songs they needed and they were ready when the kids came in to class.

Ben said that it was amazing to see how involved kids were with the songs. It's truly amazing to feel God's presence when you are praising and worshiping Him.

Once August rolls around Ben will find almost all of his friends gone to college.  He will be the only one left here.  Ben will be there soon enough.  I'm not looking forward to that time in our lives.  That's one year away from now.

Thank you God for lending these children to us.  It's an amazing job being a parent.
Blessing from today:I got to have lunch with Tim and Ben got to play for worship tonight.

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...