Thursday, July 12, 2012

Stamping is Therapy Today

Today both Ben and I woke with headaches.  Not sure why but they are just hanging on.  In spite of it I made this card.

Here's my card for two challenges today. Ways to use it was to use stitching. SU only 49 was to make a thank you card that was a little more involved, for a special friend.
My card was stamped on glossy cardstock with versamark then embossed with white embossing powder. Next I colored with primrose and raspberry ripple and olive markers. Then I heated the flowers again so the white became prominent again. Next I added the holes and faux stitching with olive marker. I used Raspberry Ripple ribbon around the image. I stamped the words with versamark and embossed in white on rasp. ripple paper. That was added with a few dimensionals. This was added to white cardstock that I scored diagonally then inked with rasp. ripple ink. That way the white lines showed to help accent the white on the flowers. I used the large scallop edgelit then the delicate designs embossing folder on the bottom of the card. All of this was mounted on olive cardstock.
Then I made another card with the glossy cardstock again and it was a nightmare making it.  The glossy paper even after being heat set, didn't let the ink dry and I had rasp. ripple smeared in different places.  So I tried to fix it with the spritzer tool.  Something again smeared so I smeared the whole thing..........needless to say, it went from bad to worse...............Have those days sometimes.  It was fun to use some of my new stuff but not fun covering mistake after mistake.  Oh well this is how we learn.  Even in the summertime I'm still learning Hope.

Here is a Jeremy Camp song that gave me such peace today.  I hope it gives you peace as well.

While skimming through FB I saw a few pictures that also added to my peace today.  Not only does God give us rest, his mercies are new every morning.
It's amazing to me that his mercies are new every morning.  I started to ask myself if my mercies to others are new every morning.  Something to work on for sure.  I'm so thankful that God is able to do more than I could ever imagine or hope for.
Tonight is Bible study so I've got to get started on the reading for it.
Blessing from today: Sarah is out with friends and enjoying her day and God is with her.
Blessings to you and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....