Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Morning Moments

This morning while reading my Bible on the screened in porch I was caught up in the beauty that was all around me.  Deer feeding on someone else's bushes!LOL  birds into the feeders and chirping away.  Even a cat charging across the grass to catch and eat something! (This was not what I wanted to see while I too was eating my breakfast.)  The peace and quiet of the morning is wonderful.  There's nothing like it.

I found a song to describe this scene.  Take a listen.  I've included the words as well.


BEAUTIFUL YOU
Artist: TRENT MONK.
Album: (TBA)
All the oceans and the seas know the sound of Your beautiful voice.
And if You tell them to be calm and be still they have no other choice.
You put the stars in the sky and then You taught them to shine.
They know just what to do.
Every morning's a symphony that's perfectly timed by beautiful You.

Chorus
Beautiful You. I can't imagine life without You.
Beautiful You. I can't imagine being alone.
Beautiful You. God all I ever want to do is have You hold me in Your arms.
Beautiful You.

All the waterfalls know just where to fall brilliant every time.
And when it rains You are behind it all with gentle rhythm and rhyme.
Mountains high know Your voice and they are ready to move where You tell them to.
With all my heart I believe that power lives in me because of beautiful You.

Chorus

Every ocean, every sea, every morning's a symphony.
Every drop of rain, every waterfall, all the stars in the sky are so beautiful.
Every breath I breathe, every beat of my heart. I feel so alive because of who You are.
Every day I rise, every time I sing I'm reminded of Your great love for me.
You're beautiful, so beautiful.

Chorus
I had fun with making a beach on SCS today. I used Stampin' Ups new Core'dinations paper in espresso.  I sanded it until it looked beach colored.  Then I ripped the paper and added it to the card.  The card was colored with copic markers, then cut out with the scallop square nestie.

 This really spoke to me.  I thought of today when I visited my classroom for next school year.  I met the cleaner who made it shine.  She was truly proud of her work and she should be.  I've never seen this room look so beautiful.  Anyway, I talked to her for a bit and complimented her on her work in the room and told her how much I appreciated her hard work.
  Ya know it doesn't take long to lift someone's spirit with just words...............I know it was God in me lifting this woman up with words.  I don't take any of the credit, it's all God's doing, through me.

What a wonderful parent prayer.  As parents we never let go of our kids even if they are on their own.  I'm not yet at that point but trying to deal with my son as a senior in high school within a year he will be in college in Georgia.
Remember the beautiful scene from this morning with the deer eating someone else's bushes?  Well later today one walked right into my garden in broad daylight and was deciding what he'd like to munch on for lunch.  Well, just my opening the door scared him off.  He had to eat field grass for lunch instead of my goodies in the garden. 

Ben went to bed with another headache.  While I'm at therapy he will be making an appt. with the dr.
Blessing from today: Sarah got to sleep over at her best friend's house.  She hasn't seen her in a long time due to travel softball.

Thank you for stopping by. I truly appreciate your visit.
Blessing,

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

I love how you take the time to appreciate the world and the people around you. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Sue. Darn cute card, too!

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....