Sunday, July 8, 2012

Unbelievable Weather

The past few days have had temperatures of upper 90's around here.  It was crazy!  We lived in the air conditioning and only went out if we had to.  Yesterday was my Open House.  Attendance was down due to the excessive heat.  Oh well, those that attended really enjoyed themselves.
   I watched a movie yesterday called, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.  I'm not sure I really liked it.
Here's a clip from it.  The boy in the movie is autistic and very intelligent.  He loses his dad on 911.  He shakes a tambourine to keep himself calm.


Had an interesting Thursday.  I was supposed to stamp at Jane's house and when I got there the power was off.  We'd had a bad storm earlier in the morning but it was sunny and hot when she lost power.  We went to lunch and found the air wasn't on when we got back, so we came to my house to stamp in the air conditioning.  It was fun using Jane's new things.  We were supposed to have our Bible Study at Jane's but since she still didn't have power she had to cancel it.  She got power at 8:30 the time our Bible Study would have been over.
  If I hadn't been there Jane would have sat there at home............Interesting too was that she doesn't have a side door on her garage so she couldn't even get her car out of the garage.  She has a key but didn't want to go through everything to find it.  So God worked it out that Jane would be taken care of during the power outage.
  Isn't that the same for most of us, it's hard to ask for help?  It's not like Jane and I barely know each other. She just doesn't like to ask for help.  I'm not sure what I would have done either. But I know it's hard to ask others to help.  We're used to being told to be independent.  We are patted on the back as we grow up when we do things on our own.  I'm praying that my pride will allow me to ask others for help when I need it.  It will help me and whomever I ask as well.  I should think of it as giving someone the chance to help someone else,  not look at it as I'm weak if I ask.

Check these out.  They are a new kit that Stampin' Up will be selling in their Holiday Catalog beginning August 1st.  I ordered the cookie stamps and the kit.  Sarah and I made the sugar cookies then rolled them into a ball on the pan.  Sarah had lots of fun stamping the cookies.  Then we baked them and put them into clear bags provided in the kit. Then they went into these holders and you added the sticky wrap and label to them.  These are for Christmas but I hope SU comes out with some that can be used anytime.
Wow, after reading this I began to doubt my way of loving. I need to work on this.  Won't tell you which ones, but I'll be looking at things a bit differently from now on.
Not only is this a beautiful picture, but a beautiful verse to keep in mind also. It's great to be reminded that God will never let go of me and I shall not be moved.
Check out what Natalie Grant has to say about this.
I Will Not Be Moved by Natalie Grant 


I Will Not Be Moved


I have been the wayward child
I have acted out
I have questioned Sovereignty
And had my share of doubt
And though sometimes my prayers feel like
They're bouncing off the sky
The hand I hold won't let me go
And is the reason why

[Chorus:]

I will stumble
I will fall down
But I will not be moved
I will make mistakes
I will face heartache
But I will not be moved
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand
All other ground is sinking sand
I will not be moved

Bitterness has plagued my heart
Many times before
My life has been like broken glass
And I have kept the score
Of all my shattered dreams and though it seemed
That I was far too gone
My brokenness helped me to see
It's grace I'm standing on

[Chorus]

And the chaos in my life
Has been a badge I've worn
Though I have been torn
I will not be moved

[Chorus]
Thanks for stopping by today and visiting.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....