Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 2 and only 1 headache

Today was a better day. It was cooler and less stressful than yesterday. The Kindergarten had orientation this morning and I was introduced by the general ed teacher as the special education teacher who would also be working with the students. After the orientation, a mom was complaining in the office that the classroom teacher wasn't a sp. ed. teacher and her son shouldn't be in that room...............the apple doesn't fall far from the tree sometimes............This mom's been told all about this since last year and for some reason just doesn't get it. We worked out a temporary schedule for a week to check out the new kids. I'm looking forward to getting in there and meeting all of the students. I won't just be working with just my students but all of them. I actually had energy after my Bible Study tonight to make a card for the color challenge on SCS. Here it is.

I used my acrylic block and stamped it in the daffodil ink, then stamped it on the flowers on the large teacup then stamped on the white paper. I think it made a cool transfer onto the cardstock. I sponged in razzleberry around the edges then used paper from the Orchard Harvest designer paper from SU. I used razzleberry satin ribbon and the fancy fan embossing folder from SU.  Not sure if the acrylic kissing technique is a technique or not, but that's what I came up with tonight.
 Love the words here. Daily my assistant and I pray and put our faith in God for things at work.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessing of the day: I have a tentative schedule and I'm NOT exhausted tonight.
Blessings,
 

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

This must be an especially busy time for you. You've got your hands full, for certain. Really love the color of your card and the way you achieved the pattern.

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...