Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lots Done Today

Today started out nicely, I slept in. Each time I got up I had a bad headache, so I'd try to go back to sleep. Finally I got up when I heard Tim bringing groceries in. I'm supposed to do the shopping one more week, but he did it for me. I'm lucky, I know. I told him he could sit down with his coffee and I'd unpack and put things away. It was the least I could do right? LOL

 I finished making the extra cards that were left over from my card night Friday. I got them put with an envelope and into a card sleeve and filed in my card boxes. What a great feeling. I also emptied my two shelf cabinet in my craft room, and got it all organized so I can find things now! I took the retired stamps to the basement along with empty stamp cases and got them put where they belong. During 2 tv shows tonight I got pictures sorted and things organized in my cupboards in the basement. I went through pictures and got rid of those that really weren't needed for a scrapbook or memory box. It feels so good to accomplish things that have been bugging me ya know?

 Ben has his best friend over tonight. He's a great friend who will be going back to college early in Sept. Ben has a job interview at our church to help with the technology team. Two of his friends who have been doing it are off to college so Ben's name was brought up. I just pray that whatever God wants for Ben is evident to him. I was busy making cards. Here are a couple.


Here's my card in honor of Marie Alice for Queen For the Day. I chose this card of hers to CASE.  I used the labels 17 die cut for her image page. Then I used rose red paper and some paper a friend, Jan gave me. She got it at Michaels. I used pink ribbon. Love this image and it was colored with Copics.

Congrats Maureen on being the featured stamper! Here's the card I chose in your gallery to CASE.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...;ppuser=120847
I used versamark and black embossing powder then colored with SU markers and copics. I used the Mr. and Mrs. stamp which is layered with black behind it.

Saw this on FB and really liked it.
I love this since it doesn't say it HAS to be family.  I've made some wonderful friends along the way.
One week from tomorrow I start back to work.  I can hear Hope laughing and carrying on all the way from Pittsburgh! 
Thanks for stopping by.

Blessing of the day: This evening's church service was a question/answer session.  My question was read and I was able to ask our pastor another question after the service.  He made me feel like I was doing the right thing.  Thank you God.
Thanks for stopping by,
Blessings,

2 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Beautiful cards.

Susan (rainy) said...

I do love those sweet PTI images. What a darling card. And the floral card is beautiful. Love that you embossed the image and then colored it in. That's always so striking.

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....