Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Trying To Balance

With work a week away, I'm trying to use my last week to relax and do some things around here that won't get done when I get back to work. I've cleaned out some storage areas and feel great about that. Sarah was at a friend's house all day and Ben had a friend here all day. I felt like I was on my own........weird feeling. I made a great chicken dish tonight. I took boneless chicken breasts and dunked them into ranch dressing then bread crumbs. Then I sprinkled cheese on top. I used colby and mozzarella. Put it in a 9x13 pan which is sprayed with Pam, and bake 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees uncovered. YUM! I made a card for today's technique challenge which was to make a card without stamping. Here's what I came up with.

Judy gave us the challenge of making a card without stamping. I took some Martha Stewart flowers and made a wreath on concord card stock then added a silver cord ribbon. I used the Lacy Brocade embossing folder on pale plum a retired SU color. The ribbon is ruffled Wisteria ribbon. Thanks Judy for the fun challenge!

A good friend came to visit tonight for dinner. Her name is Jan.  We went to high school together but were not friends until my kids were at the Academy where Jan was the secretary.  Interesting how some people change after they are out of high school. 

Our order came in from Poppy Stamps so we're going to work on some windows with shutters and window boxes.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessing of the day: Ben asked if Jan and I needed anything and once we saw his mint choc chip Klondike bar, we ordered that from him! LOL
Blessings, 

 

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...