Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday And The Countdown Begins

Hope, that title was just for you! LOL
I got back to work, Monday the 27th.  That's the day that my daily challenges may diminish and my blog postings might be fewer.  However, each day I go to work, is one more day closer to my next day off.  I'm looking forward to Labor Day off.  It seems that Parma Schools is pretty late in going back to school.  Most schools are back this week.  North Royalton goes back tomorrow.  The teachers are tomorrow and kids Thursday.

Here's the card I made for the color challenge.  I have to confess that I don't like starfruit, one of Stampin' Up's new colors.  It was one of the colors for today's challenge.  Burgundy, Starfruit, and Regal Rose.  I also challenged myself NOT to do flowers.
Saw this on FB today and it really spoke to me.  Just knowing that your words can help someone get through the day is amazing isn't it?  It's interesting what kind words can do.  I'm not bragging by any means, but I have a personal example of this.  This summer when I was in unpacking all of the boxes I had, I told the cleaning woman who cleaned my room that I'd never, ever seen the room that clean.  That I truly appreciated all of her efforts to make it so clean.  I know she really worked hard on this.  Most days it was in the 90's as well so it was quite a feat she accomplished.  She really had pride in her work.
Anyway, the next day when I came in the custodian told me the principal didn't want a bookshelf and I could have it if I wanted it.  So the cleaning ladies put it on a dolly and brought it to my room.  Later in the day this cleaning woman told me there was a small table that would match my bookcase and desk, did I want it?  I sure did and it does look great!  Little things mean a lot sometimes.



Jamie Grace is a young, newer Christian artist. This is one of her upbeat songs called, Show Jesus. Jamie challenges us to be people who show Jesus every day by the way we live. How have you been able to Show Jesus today?
 
Well, Tim and I went to Bible Study and before we started the woman said she was a table leader for Ladies Latte.  I told her I'd wanted to be one of those, but at the time they had enough.  Anyway, I got the name and email of the lady to contact.  I wanted to do this because it is a night of true learning and interaction with other ladies.  I've always found an excuse to not go.  I'd put it on the calendar then not go.  I let Satan talk me out of it.  So, I figured if I HAD to be there, I'd go. Thanks Jesus for directing my path.

Blessing of the day: Tim and I had a date for lunch....a very special time for us.
Thanks for stopping by, it's so appreciated.
Blessings,

 

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...