Monday, August 13, 2012

A Mish-Mash of Things

Lots to share today.
Here's the outside of my card. I CASED the idea from Tammy which can be found here
I took her idea and changed some things. Tammy thanks for sharing.
I added a lid with twine and a thank you to go with it. I also added an apple at the bottom of the page and embossed the page using the new SU folder called Fancy Fan.

Here's the inside of my card.  I added the lid and twine to the inside of my card.  There is acetate in the cut out so you can see what's in the jar from the front.
This photo from FB made me cry.   This soldier is being deployed, leaving his tiny newborn daughter. Sometimes we forget the sacrifices made on our behalf until a picture like this puts everything in perspective. So grateful for true heroes!
Check out the cute teacher gift I saw on Nutty4stampin.blogspot.com    Isn't this and easy gift to make?  Just wrap paper around the hand sanitizer bottle and decorate.  What teacher can't use this gift?
Here's a card I made for today's new technique challenge. You were supposed to add ink to paper then put a stamp in water and stamp with it.  Instead of doing that, I added water to an embossing folder and got a similar look.  I also made one of these beautiful wreaths using this video.  Can't wait to try this for Christmas cards.
I participate in the Teapot Challenges and once a month we send a surprise card to someone.  This is the card I received from a gal named Hot Wheels. Isn't the water coloring pretty?
My aunt died Saturday in her sleep.  She had spent the day celebrating with her family and had a wonderful time.  She went into her house which was next door to the picnic and asked to lay down for 5 minutes.  When her daughter came back, her mom was gone. So peaceful.......

PORTO JUNE B. PORTO (nee Hauer), age 84; beloved wife of the late John G. Porto, Jr.; loving mother of Maryann Pierce, Mary Elizabeth Chaney, Jackie Tanko, Anthony, and Terrence; dearest grandmother of ten; great-grandmother of thirteen. June was a retired 35 year employee of Parma Hospital. A celebration of life service will be held at the funeral home, Tuesday, August 14 at 6 p.m. Friends received at RIPEPI FUNERAL HOME, 5762 PEARL RD. (AT SNOW RD.), TUESDAY 3-6 P.M.
What wonderful words to help us through a sad time in our lives.

Blessing from today:Tim and I got to go to dinner using a groupon at Italian Village.  I paid 13 for a 25 dollar coupon.  Our meal total was 36 then they took off the 25 credit and we owed 11 for dinner plus a tip on $36.  Pretty good I think.
Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

2 comments:

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

A mish-mash of comments: I am sorry to hear about your aunt. I don't think she could've gone more peacefully. Praying for your family! ... Love your jar card! I've GOT to get my set out and start creating with it. Thanks for sharing the hand-sanitizer idea. It's almost that time of year...

Tammy said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out!! I'm so glad you liked my idea enough to try it yourself!! Your version is so pretty--love the red card! and, you lid with twine--too cute!

So sorry about your aunt. hope your family is doing okay.

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...